You win a game jam if you make a game...we hope that everyone will win.
I just completed execution of my backup plan, which was having a "race" game in which you sail through some gates in order. This might make a nice sailing tutorial level for a full game later.
In the video below the ship sails through three gates and the game then displays the victory screen. So I'm now guaranteed a technical win on the jam.
Now on to more interesting features:
- Get unstuck when run aground
- Choice of gates
- Appropriate sounds
- Title & instruction screen
- Ship roll with waves
- Targets (anchored ships, shore targets)
Completed in this session:
- Added wind sounds
- Added knotmeter to compass
- Detect hitting the gate
- Change gate material when they are traversed in the correct order
- Change G3D to use fully-qualified mesh names in the material pose table
- Implemented running aground- Winning and show win state