My "Design Document" (if you play fast and loose with that definition):
Multiplayer Space Dogfight Game, played on a 3-Torus. Inspired by Star Wars Rogue Squadron III, and old F-22 flight simulators I played growing up.
3-Torus: A cube with identified faces, analagous to a square torus in 2 dimensions. Two sides with identical labels in the figure are *exactly the same position in space*. Kinda like pac-man: if you go off the left side of the screen, you come in the right, except for 3 dimensions.
Wishlist in rough priority order
- Follow camera
- XBOX controller free roam space-flight
- Brakes/boost system
- Simple Projectiles
- Health system
- Move to 3-Torus (!!)
- Split-Screen 2-person Multiplayer
- Particle System / shaders to look better
- Homing secondary projectile
- Completely hacked together network multiplayer
- Make everything look good