Machinis Ludo 6 is an invitation-only three-day game jam hosted at Williams College by Sam Donow, Nigel Munoz, and Morgan McGuire with participation from around the world via this blog. It is the latest in the Machinis Ludo series. The jam runs Friday, January 16, 2015 at 9 am though Sunday, January 18, 2015 at 9 pm (Eastern time, but who's counting?). You're welcome to work as much or as little as you wish during that period. E-mail Morgan if you'd like to join and didn't receive an invitation, or are having trouble posting to this blog.
There is no theme and there are no technical restrictions for the jam. However, it overlaps the following game jams and you might want to participate in multiple ones:
- JamGame (Jan 10-Feb 16), make a pun on an existing game's name
- TAG Jam 8 (Jan 14-Jan 18), three themes announced on Jan 14
- One Game A Month January (Jan 1-Jan 31), optional theme "resolution"
- Awesome Music Jam (Dec 20-Jan 20), make a game about music, theme "wonderland"
- Jam for Leelah (Jan 17-Feb 17), based on interests of Leelah Alcorn or trans and gender-identity-positive themes
- Prefix your post titles with your name or initials in brackets, for example "[MMc] Star Lance Vortex: Added enemy ship AI".
- Post an introduction and your game idea to this blog at least the day before the jam. Earlier is better, because then we can give each other ideas and feedback.
- During the jam, post at least once a day...although more is encouraged! Show us screenshots or movies as well as talking about what you're doing. These posts build camaraderie for our distributed jam and get you support and feedback.
- At the end of the jam, give a post-mortem post and a link to your game (or video, if you don't want the game to be public).
Anyone on the Williams campus is welcome to join the local meetup in the graphics lab, where we have connections for laptops, WiFi, some spare monitors, and sometimes music and takeout food. Because guests who are not members of the graphics group must be accompanied in the lab, Sam or Morgan will be in the lab hosting most of the time.