Sunday, January 18, 2015

[DF] So Many Doors - Victory

I think that's it for me. It has been super fun to work in this game jam and it's been awesome to see the games popping up all over this blog. As for myself, there are piles of things to improve about this game, but none on the TODO list tonight.

So Many Doors




Final Build
Build 6
Build 5
Build 4
Build 3
Build 2
Build 1

The source code can be found on Github.

I'm not really sure what problem rxjs is solving anymore. I understand the value of reactive programming and being able to construct pipes of relationships, but a part of me also feels like any sufficiently complicated dependent asynchronous relationships should either be (a) moved to a server for processing or (b) storing some easily serializable state which is updating constantly (like a video game). It was fun to use it at the start, but it is clearly not the correct solution for a game system. Mind you, no one designed it for that purpose in the first place, so I can be blamed for spending too much time hammering a round peg with a square hammer.

I'm happy with the art style and the super simple isometric rendering. It was fun to work on, and I'm psyched to give it another shot some time in the future.


1 comment:

  1. The art is truly wonderful! The victory dance is great! :)

    ReplyDelete