Sunday, March 31, 2013

[Nigel] Ending early. Presenting: Disorient's scraps.


Yep.

http://tinyurl.com/c2rd9db - Download it here. If you happen to have Java 7 installed, it probably won't work. (A fun feature of the game library I used.)


So ultimately, I only able to create a "thing". In this "thing" you can do the following:
  • Walk around a randomly generated map.
  • Shoot at nothing.
  • Spin around as fast as your mouse can move.
  • Use your scroll wheel to fancily change your weapon slot.
  • That's it. 


I couldn't get bullet-enemy collisions to work. This is probably due to my shoddily made collision engine. Next time, I will be sure to use something like Box2D to save me the pain of having to debug a collision engine.


So yes. I now (somewhat) know what game programming in Java is like. I need to practice more.

No comments:

Post a Comment