Tuesday, August 4, 2015

[MM] Victory, with < hour to go


Here we have it, shoddy fully body tracking with an extra glitch effect (an adaptation of https://www.shadertoy.com/view/4t23Rc, applied to things with an alpha channel)!

You can see the calibration isn't quite right when I lean over to shut off the video at the end. Definitely need an automatic calibration method, too hard to get right (spent way too long on it today) and too easy to hit out of whack.

My next steps are definitely:

  1. Integrate an automatic calibration method, for getting the relative transform between the oculus camera and the kinect.
  2. Wire up my 2nd kinect
  3. Try generating a mesh instead of a point cloud.

This was a super fun jam, and I know how I'd approach things differently if I had to do it all over.

1 comment:

  1. Looks fantastic! I'd love to see it from a 3rd person camera, too.

    ReplyDelete