Monday, August 3, 2015

[MM] Kinect/Oculus/G3D playing nicely together

After struggling with annoying include conflicts, redefinition errors, and linkers, we have success #1!

The kinect data is being streamed live to a VR enabled G3D app. Note that the color data is already properly aligned with the depth, thank to borrowing some Kinect code from my labmates who have done extension work on 3D scene reconstruction using the Kinect and other similar RGBD sensors, some of which required highly accurate color alignment (http://www.graphics.stanford.edu/~niessner/papers/2015/5shading/zollhoefer2015shading.pdf).


If you are very observant, you may notice I am not reaching the target framerate for 75Hz. This is worrying, but I won't care until I get a decent point cloud first. Back to work!

3 comments:

  1. Wow amazing blog! Please visit my blog and follow me up at http://victornavinghes.blogspot.my/ and i will follow up your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete