Machnis Ludo: INNOVATE 2013 Game Jam
This is the group blog for INNOVATE 2013, an invitation-only game jam organized by Morgan McGuire in January 2013 to begin the Machinis Ludo series of game jams at Williams College. The goals are to foster innovation in game design and technology, and to celebrate camaraderie among developers in the G3D Innovation Engine and codeheart.js community.
- One developer per game.
- One game per developer.
- You can use any game engine or support code.
- The allowed platforms are web, Windows 7, OS X 10.8, iOS 6, and command-line/terminal.
- You must adhere to one of the following formats:
- "Pro16" (max. 16 hours): Maximum 1.5 hours/day Monday-Friday, plus up to 8.5 hours total on the weekend, ending by Sunday 5pm.
- "Hardcore48" (max. 48 hours): Friday 5pm-Sunday 5pm
- Games must be made available for play by all participants at the conclusion.
- Publicly release of games is encouraged but not required.
- Open source games are encouraged but not required.
- All code must be written during the jam.
- You can prototype and work on publicly-released demos and support code beforehand.
- Assets may be created beforehand.
The Tuesday after the jam we'll exchange and play the games that we created.